- Mac-Net Hosted Seminar on Digital Platform for Vessel
- On November 23rd, Mac-Net hosted ‘Digital Platform of Vessels and Smart Ship 2030’. While more than 200 professionals from the related industries, academia, government departments participated in this seminar, presentations and open discussions were held under the topic of ‘The Present Situation and Future Challenges of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.’
- Opens New Route of Korea-China-Russia
- In collaboration with Sinokor Merchant Marine, Hyundai Merchant Marine decided to commence with a new container liner service that will link major ports of Korea-China-Russia from late December of this year. The new service will be operated two times a week and each schedule will have different routes, which commence from Central China and Southern China. Hyundai Merchant Marine is now able to provide services that are greatly improved than that of the existing routes by adding ...
- The world's best LNG cargo hold
- Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering has successfully developed the world's best LNG cargo hold with optimum levels of performance. The product is SOLIDUS, the cargo hold system with the lowest naturally veporized LNG ratio compared to the ratio of the existing LNG cargo holds,
- 14 Korean Container Shipping Companies form ‘Korea Shipping Partnership’
- Photo Source: Korea Shipowner’s Association Korean shipping companies voluntarily formed a partnership to promote the future development and boost the external credibility of the Korean shipping industry. Launched on August 8, 2017, the Korea Shipping Partnership (KSP) is the first consortium of all 14 Korean container shipping companies.
- Both Port Calls and Freight Volumes Increased in Busan Port...
- The expanded Panama Canal opened in June 2016. For one year, cargo traffic between Busan and major ports on the US east coast increased by 7.6% with the transshipment volume jumping by 11.1%. Most notably, the number of services using the Busan Port as a transshipment hub between Asia and the US east coast increased by 13 during the period to a total of 42. The achievement can be generally attributable to the efforts by the Busan Port Authority to analyze ...
- Korean Shipbuilding Industry Reclaims the World's Top Position..
- The Korean shipbuilding industry, which once ruled the global shipbuilding industry for decades, has reclaimed the world’s top position in terms of new contracts for the first time in five years. The industry explains that it is the result of the domestic shipbuilders’ desperate efforts to win global competition for new contracts. Most notably, the so-called ‘Big Three’ of the Korean shipbuilding industry including Hyundai Heavy Industries, Samsung Heavy Industries and Daewoo Shipbuildi...
- Rising Demand for Korean Shipbuilding and Plant Services ...
- Eight shipbuilding and offshore plant businesses based in Busan participated in ‘Oil and Gas Asia (OGA) 2017’ held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from July 11 to 13, and made remarkable achievements including negotiations for a contract worth USD 5.629 million and discussions about the establishment of a joint venture.
- KR ranked in no. 1 in the KOSHIPA evaluation of classification technical services 2016
- KR was ranked in no. 1 in the KOSHIPA (Korea Shipbuilders’ Association) evaluation of classification technical services among world’s leading classification societies. The assessment is undertaken annually and compares and evaluates the technical services provided by the members of the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS. KR was ranked as no. 1 in 2011 and 2013 and secured 2nd place in 2012. KR will continuously endeavor to deliver top quality technical services to all ...
- KR hosts Technical Expert Committee 2016
- KR held a Technical Expert Committee on 18th October at KR’s Headquarters in Busan.Within the society, classification technology is categorized into six sectors which are: ship safety, hull, offshore structures, special purpose ships, electricity and metal. At the seminar, representatives from each area took part in a review to examine whether KR’s current classification rules needed amending or whether new ones should be established. This year’s meeting was organized by integrating the five ...
- Dongnam Marine Crane won the top $ 100 million worth of exports this year.
- Dongnam Marine Crane (DMC) announced on 7th December that it received a $ 100 million worth of exports at the 53rd trading day of the 53rd trading day in COEX, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. The Korea International Trade Association (KITA) annually selects the top exporting business by selecting a company that has contributed to the expansion of foreign trade and increased export growth. Last year, the company recorded $ 10 million in exports of $ 10 million in exports, $ 10 million in 2009, and...
- 2016 Mac-Net Conference held
- The industry, schools, research institutes and government organizations have gathered to foster sustainable development and co-existence among the nation's maritime industries. On June 16, Mac-Net held a joint meeting with KSOE and KOMEA at Grand Hotel in Busan. There were Mac-Net Conference, KOMEA forum and celebrating the eve of the 30th anniversary of KSOE. About 170 civic groups, including shipbuilding, shipping and machinery, gathered together to join forces and gather wisdom to overco...
- HMD signed two LNG bunkering vessels to build
- Hyundai Mipo Dockyard(HMD) has successfully won two LNG bunkering vessels (including option for one vessel)with German owner. Recently, it announced that it has won one 7500㎥-class LNG bunkering vessel with Bernard Schulte. The ship, which is 117 meters long, 20 meters wide and 10.3 meters tall, will be delivered in the second half of the year to deliver LNG to LNG tankers. HMD expected to expect additional contracts for the next few weeks.
Bringing together all sectors
in the maritime industry
across the nation.
All about representing
the whole maritime industries
in Korea in a glance.
Informing of key policies of Korean
Government to walk along a path
toward common prosperity with
all partners around the world.
Going beyond statistics and
offering an insight of the
potential for emerging world
- Maritime Cluster Networking in Ko...
- Hyundai Merchant Marine Opens New...
- Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engi...
- Korean Shipbuilding Industry Recl...
- Both Port Calls and Freight Volum...
- Yoowon Industries Ltd.
- With constant customer feedback and encouragement, Yoowon Industries has made huge advances in technology and research and development on the basis of its production philosophy through extensive experience since its foundation in 1977 in line with the growth of the shipbuilding industry in Korea.
- Busan City
- Busan is the second largest city in Korea. Its deep harbor and gentle tides have allowed it to grow into the largest container handling port in the country and the fifth largest in the world.
- BN BIP Industries Co., Ltd.
- BN BIP was established in 1978 to provide solutions for local manufacturing marine interiors. Since the beginning, the company has built a global reputation based on the simple idea that quality products stand the test of time.
- STACO Co., Ltd.
- STACO, established in 1992, is the leading global specialist in wall panels, ceiling panels, cabin doors, unit toilets and unit cabins for general commercial ships, as well as high value-added ships such as cruise vessels.
- Since its establishment on June 20, 1960 until today, the Korea Shipowners' Association(KSA) has made an untiring effort to ensure the development of the Korean shipping as well as promoting the rights and interests of its members and boosting international shipping collaboration.
- KDB(Korea Development Bank)
- The Korea Development Bank (KDB) was founded in 1954 in accordance with The Korea Development Bank Act for the purpose of supplying and managing major industrial capital to help develop Korean industries and the national economy.